Sunday, February 16, 2014

Current Skincare Routine + Mini-Reviews



Hey guys! So today I decided I should show you all my current skincare routine BEFORE I add in any new products. These are the things I've been CONSISTENTLY using for the past 5+ months. As soon as I finish writing this post, I am going to the store to purchase a new foaming cleanser but the rest of the products will remain the same for the next month or two. I ordered a BUNCH of Benton products a few weeks back, and when they come in, expect reviews and an updated skincare routine!




  1. [Etude House Baking Powder B.B Deep Cleansing Foam - 150ml] Price: $8.30 - $13.50. I rarely use this in the morning. I prefer to splash my face with water and move on to toner. More details in evening section.
  2. [Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner - 500ml] Price: $20 - $26. I want to say GREAT things about this toner but sadly, I cannot. It's cute, its cost-efficient, and its a toner. It also has done wonders for my pores/redness - I'll explain that in detail in a later post. Korean toners are NOT astringents like their American counterparts - they're meant to restore moisture lost after cleansing. The Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner isn't THAT moisturizing in my opinion. But that's probably because of the drying properties of the Baking Powder cleanser. When I was just using an Aveeno cleanser, this stuff was Holy Grail amazing swagtastic bomb.com. I will do a full comprehensive review on this toner when I change over to a cleanser. tl;dr: Moisturizing properties depends on drying properties of cleanser used beforehand, perfect if cleanser isn't drying, cleanses pores, decreases redness.
  3. [Missha Super Aqua Marine Stem Cell Intensive Serum - 40 ml] Price: $20+. I recently purchased this product because of Sheryll's post about her current skincare routine. My face was feeling dry and I wanted to add a serum/essence to my routine so I purchased this one on a whim. It's not too sticky, not too anything really. It doesn't feel like I bathed in the ocean and my skin is now magically perfectly moisturized but I SWEAR it's because my cleanser is too drying. I really like this stuff though because it's lightweight and I can feel my skin's texture softening every day! I do intend on switching to Benton's Snail Bee Essence as soon as this runs out though - because none of the products I use are geared towards acne/scarring! tl;dr: softens skin, moisturizes pretty well, can't really go wrong with it. 
  4. [SkinFood Parsley & Mandarin Emulsion - 160ml] Price: $16ish. I hated this stuff for the LONGEST time. I felt like it made my skin burn and I cried when I used it because my skin burned so intensely. But I recently started using it again because it's such a good moisturizer and it does soothe my acne (after it burns the crap out of it haha). And now it doesn't burn at all. Go figure? I feel like out of ALL the products listed here, this is the most moisturizing product I own. It's such a creamy/watery formula its heaven to apply now. I don't know why it changed and I don't care. I really like this emulsion at the moment. tl;dr: extremely moisturizing, reduces redness, great formula.
  5. This junk is just something I found at Kroger in the discount section for $3.99. It's nothing special it's just aloe vera jelly. I use it as a bootleg moisturizer/primer because I'm waiting for my Benton Steam Cream to come in.
I wear bb cream + concealer + powder + eyeliner + mascara on a daily basis so my evening routine is all about getting that gunk off with an oil cleanser!
  1. [Shisedo Perfect Oil Makeup Remover - 150ml] Price: $12. I adore adore adore this oil cleanser. It's so inexpensive compared to the Missha cleansing oil and it's got a pump! I purchased it because of Whitley and Jordan's video detailing their night time cleansing routine. When I'm ready to wash my face, I use one or two pumps for my face and neck and rub it in for about 30-60 seconds before I rinse my hands and wash off the oil. It removes everything. Like - everything. It's wonderful I love it *cries*. tl;dr: BEST STUFF EVER
  2. [Etude House Baking Powder B.B Deep Cleansing Foam - 150ml] I'm on my last squeezes of this stuff and I'm sad to see it go! It's really good for cleansing your face efficiently but it's slightly drying for me and it's a little too abrasive for my sensitive skin. It's only abrasive for a few seconds, as the texture softens and morphs into a frothy foam immediately after you add more water. The only reason I will not repurchase it is because I bought it when I didn't have an oil cleanser and I thought this would remove all of my makeup in one go. [SPOILER ALERT]: It doesn't. You definitely need to wipe off your makeup or cleanse it in some other way before you use this stuff because you WILL have left over makeup after. tl;dr: Good for cleansing, slightly abrasive for sensitive skin, great otherwise. 
  3. [Etude House Wonder Pore Freshner - 500ml] 
  4. [Benzoyl Peroxide Spot Treatment] So I went to the doctor's office a few months back and she went in on my life because I had acne.... She forced me to buy this stuff and I apply it on my blemishes at night. It's 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide. It does the job. 
  5. [Etude House Shea Butter Nutrifull Sleeping Pack - 100ml] Price: $14-$21. I recently purchased this because I felt like my skin needed more moisture through the night. And because I love Shea Butter. It's creamy and smooth and when I wake up in the morning my face is supple and clearer. tl;dr: Makes my skin happy and moist/supple.

And that's my routine! I don't really adore most of these products and I'm going to slide half of these out within the coming months but I just decided to document all of my changes and how my skin reacts to these things! Comment below if you use any of these products or are interested in any! Thanks for reading~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments